The Engineering Technician I performs detailing activities on assigned projects and adheres to schedule and accuracy requirements.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Detail building parts and create fab drawings from engineering design and project notes
• Create erection drawings, approval drawings, permit drawings, and anchor rod drawings.
• Develops own basic product and procedure knowledge and improves technical knowledge.
• Uploads parts and edit parts into the manufacturing system and releases to manufacturing.
• Collaborates with project teams to discuss problems and challenges and help create solutions to move forward in a cost effective and efficient manner.
• Assures customer service needs are met by meeting schedules.
• Focuses on achieving department objective and profitability goals and continuous improvement as part of a high-performance work team.
Skills & Competencies
• PC competence (Including Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
• Action oriented
• Functional and technical skills
• Drive for results
• Customer focus
• Integrity and trust
• Technical learning
• Ethics and values
• Problem solving
• Time management
• Peer relationships
• Drafting and modeling software and reports and drawings generated by said software
• Offline tools and spreadsheets
• Steel specifications
• Microsoft Office products
• Bluebeam or PDF Xchange pdf viewers
Education & Experience Qualifications
• Associate or 2-year technical degree or 2 additional years of relevant experience or completion of BlueScope Buildings Drafting Program in lieu of degree.
• Proficient in Algebra and Trigonometry
• Bachelor’s degree
• Some Pre-Engineered Building (PEB) or conventional steel experience
• CAD training
No of vacancies – 08
Preferred field – BE in Mech & Civil
Annual CTC @ entry level – 4.00LPA