● Design high-quality, robust CAD product models by preparing routine layouts, detailed drawings, assembly.
● Generating 3d renders of the model.
● Develop working drawings from sketches or descriptions developed by Product Engineers.
● Establish and implement BIM/VDC standard drawing database.
● Maintain records of the design process in accordance with sound design practices and ISO requirements.
● Ensure compliance with required design safety factors, tolerances, and specifications.
● Participate in team problem solving and brainstorming sessions.
● Maintain and update a database for the 3D design documentation and Create BOM for all the materials and components used in the 3D model.
● Create and maintain manufacturing drawings for all the projects.
● Revising the drawing according to the changes required.
● Analyse current engineering methods used within the company and develop steps and processes to improve.
● Understand and Perform Virtual Design and Construction of the product for different conditions.
● Craft models and drawings of products using CAD, Solid works, Revit and AutoCAD.
● Performing computer simulations and experiments to virtually design and construct prototypes using Revit.
● Find creative design solutions to problems.
● Liaising with clients, designers, engineers, and manufacturers to ensure coherence.
● Preparing technical reports, design specifications documents, and operational manuals.
● Plan effectively to ensure projects are delivered on time, to standard and to budget.
● Establish a framework for necessary contributions from various departments and facilitate their collaboration.
Key skills and requirements:
● Experience working with AutoCAD, Revit (certification is a plus)
● BIM and VDC experience is a plus.
● Sound knowledge of design and engineering principles and best practices.
● Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
● Exceptional time management and organisational skills.
● Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
● Attentive to detail and critically minded.
● Diploma or bachelor’s degree in engineering design or similar course