Set objectives for the accounts receivable team that align with the accounting department’s goals.
Monitor processing of invoices
Ensure timely collection of payments.
Conduct credit checksNegotiate with clients in non-payment cases
Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc forecasting reports
Organize records of invoices, bills and deposits and Ensure high-quality invoicing and collection procedures that comply with the law
Support Accounts Receivable Clerks on a daily basis and train new team members
Ensure all team members follow the accounting principles and stay updated on industry and legislative changes.
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Accounts Receivable Manager or Supervisor
- Hands-on experience with accounting software
- Familiarity with advanced formulas in MS Excel
- Excellent analytical skills along with the ability to create and present detailed reports.
- Ability to accurately process numerical data
- Team management and negotiation skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- BSc/BCom/MBA degree in Accounting or Finance